Left Coast Floyds

Updates for the grandparents, family, and friends. Or, an attempt to make 6000 km seem like only 500 km.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back to routine, and normal sleep patterns!

So, last night Aidan actually went to sleep at a normal time. He didn't nap in the afternoon and had a good supper and a bath. Anthony fed him a bottle at 8:30 and he almost went to sleep for Daddy but he still needed a bit of Mommy time to complete the transition from awake to asleep. He did his I must awake and cry at the 45 min. to 1 hour mark and Anthony was able to sooth him without removing him form the crib and getting me to nurse him.

Then came the miracle . . .

Aidan did not wake up again until 5:18 am. He slept from 9:00 pm till 5:18 am. That is a whole 7 hours. As I was asleep by 10:30 pm it means that I actually had almost 6 hours without iunteruption. It was bliss. I hope we can repeat it tonight. Wish me luck.

Aidan also seems to finally be back to Vancouver time. I think that the walks have really helped and today we went to music class. He had time to play with other babies, crawl around a safe environment and gum bells and shakers. What else could a baby boy ask for?

The music class was lots of fun and again it seems to be populated with only baby boys. A group of us had coffee (well tea in my case) and were talking about it afterwards. It seemed a little shocking to us that in the group only boys were present. That led to an interesting conversation about ultrasounds and pregnancy and so on.

After tea Aidan and I walked back home. He is so much better behaved when he gets outside in the stroller. It makes Mommy feel better too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home